March 19, 2011

8 o'clock Tip Off

     This weekend is the official start of the Buccs season! The guys headed out around 8:15am this Saturday morning for Perth to play their first 2 season games. Todd is the official towel & water boy for this weekend :) Good thing he naturally has a servant's heart!

     Because Todd is still not able to play this weekend I decided to stay here in Geraldton and support in Spirit! He just left this morning but it already seems like so long. So I have filled my time doing things that I know he wouldn't want to do if he was here:) I got to go to lunch at Dome(their main coffee cafe here in Gero) with our wonderful host Stacey Heberle and then SHOPPING :) I searched High and Low for somewhere to get my hair done and finally after many salons found one that I think should be good!(your prayers would still be appreciated lol) I also have spent the ENTIRE afternoon updating & customizing our BLOG finally! I have been searching high & low for a cute way to customize our blog & finally found this extremely cute SHABBYBLOGS.COM. Awesome!

     I just realized that we haven't updated you! We should have the minute we got the news.....Todd doesn't have to have surgery on his shoulder! PRAISE THE LORD! It was so amazing to see Him have His WAY.......I, Tarin, really learned a lot in this whole process. After the first week that Todd was hurt, I realized how much I was blaming the doctors for not getting quick results or taking different actions. And one day the Lord just tapped on my heart and said, "Um, hello! Remember me?" And it was as if a light bulb turned on & brightness rushed in and revealed everything I should have been thinking. Even though I trusted the Lord 100% for the outcome of Todd's injury, I realized in that moment that I had not once acknowledged 'out loud' how much faith I had that God was in control.

     So right away Todd & I spent time in His Word and prayed out loud for quite a while & just lifted all of our thoughts to our loving Father. Our prayer was that if it was still HIS WILL that we stay here in Australia and spread His goodness throughout this country that everything that the surgeon had believed to be true would not show true on the MRI. And to much amazement & true thankfulness we received a call last Tuesday saying that the MRI was clear & that as soon as he feels strong Todd can get back on the court!

     So, consequently, here we are on the season opener weekend and Todd is a short week or two away from joining his teammates on the court :) Todd really is looking for to serving his team this weekend from the bench and being just as much of a help & encouragement from that angle as he would if he was on the court.

     Please leave us comments & let us know how all of you are! Much Love <3

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, just took a gander at your lovely blog! Ryan and I think and pray for you guys often as you share the similar adventure we did in Australia. It's so great to see you soak up the culture and read on what the Lord is teaching you through your time there. Living a similar lifestyle as you guys we can totally relate with what your going through and we will pray for your continued strength and faith in our Lord on this journey:) I look forward to your updates on how life is going! If you ever have any questions let us know!!
    Ryan and Stacy Zamroz

    ReplyDelete