March 31, 2011

Hmmmmmm...

Sooo, Tarin has transformed our blog into a pretty girly spectacle. ... I don't know if I'm going to be able to do any updating if it looks this girly!!! 

But anyways... It's Friday morning over here! Opening DAy Go GIANTS!!! I'm about to watch the game on ESPN (Thank goodness it's worldwide).  Tarin and I just got back from a body balance class at the gym.  It was pretty good!  She's getting ready to go off to work.  She is super excited today because she gets her hair done.  She's been waiting for that for a very long time!!! I am just hanging out until I have to go do a clinic at Geraldton Grammar school at noon.  For the next couple weeks I just go to that same school for an hour a day teaching different classes some basketball skills and promoting the team!

Another part of my daily routine has been going to see BJ!  BJ is our team physician.  I go see him everyday and he works on my shoulder and tapes it up on days that we have training (they don't call it practice over here).  Those are the only two things I really do during the day besides training at night.. which is usually 3 nights a week.  I have been able to get back in the weight room a little bit.  With the shoulder healing I can do a little more each week.  So that is encouraging.. I don't want to get too skinny ;)

I am going to play my first professional game this weekend against Bunbury here at home.  Our team is 0-3, losing to three teams that aren't that good.  But our teams other American import got in this week from Germany.  He was finishing up a season over there.  He is point guard and a good one at that.  It makes such a big difference having someone that can just run the team.  He's really quick and a great passer.  So the fans are pretty excited for this weekend, being as they get to see our full team play!  I am very excited as well.  Practices this week went well as far as the shoulder goes, but I am still going to take it somewhat easy in the game tomorrow.  The ideal situation would be us playing well and getting a good lead to where I'd only have to play half the game or so.  The next two weeks after this we play tough teams so I want to be ready for those.  That's why I want to play a bit tomorrow to ease my way back into it.  Please pray!! The game would be on at 4:30 AM your time so if you want to see how we did when you wake up just go to ....


www.sbl.asn.au



then to fixtures/results, then click on the box score of the Geraldton Buccaneers v Southwest Slammers in ROUND 3



Things are going well though!! Tarin is liking her job and the shoulder is healing!  The weather is still beautiful out here.  About 90 degrees and a nice breeze!  We love and miss everyone back home!!

TB

No comments:

Post a Comment